Friday, December 9, 2011

True Happiness~

Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes we may feel that things could not be more perfect, and others days we may only look at the bad. I have realized lately that almost any situation can be a good one with the right attitude.

The day Skyler told me he wanted to move back to Idaho, I was very upset. I never thought I could love living here; but he felt that it was the right thing for our family, and as much as I didn't want to believe him, I couldn't help but feel it was where we needed to be. After traveling all over the US for Skyler's job, it is nice living in a small town. I can finally say that I know he made the right choice, and I am thankful for that. I love my friends here, I love our ward, I love our neighborhood, I love that there is a brand new park literally in our backyard (Cayman will love that when he's older), I love that we live in a great city to raise a family, I love that my husband is home by 6 every night, and of course I LOVE that my family and friends in Utah are only 2 hours away. Yesterday we went to the mall to have Cayman's picture taken with Santa, and we didn't have to wait in a long line. The Grand Opening of Panda Express was last week, and we didn't have to wait very long in the drive thru. "Traffic" is pretty much nonexistent here, and we love that. 

I am content, happy, and so thankful that God has directed us in our path so that we could somehow end up here. It feels right, like home. I know its where we need to be. I also know that with prayer, faith, and of course a very handsome and intuitive husband; any situation can be a good one. I can't help but feel extremely blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment