Thursday, December 1, 2011

They grow up too fast!

Cayman is 8 almost 9 months old!? Where did the time go? Please, someone tell me where the time went? I have pretty much sucked at blogging lately. Having an 8 1/2 month old is hard work, who would have thought? haha BUT I am loving being a mommy. It is by far one of the greatest blessings I have ever received in life. Here are a few pictures I've taken over the months to give you an idea of how much he's grown and changed.


Cayman's Likes and Dislikes~

Likes-
1. Smiles- He smiles ALL THE TIME. Not just a grin, but big huge smiles.
2. Giggles- He thinks his dad is extremely funny.  Here's a video-



3. Rolling over- He has become so good at rolling over. He will roll and roll until he almost hits something!
4. Grabbing things- He finds everything so interesting that he simply MUST put it right in his mouth!
5. Christmas tree- His favorite thing right now is sitting under our Christmas tree and trying to get the ornaments
6. Sitting up- He likes to sit up like a big boy, even though he doesn't last very long before he falls over. :)
7. Touching faces- When I rock him to sleep, he likes to put his hand on my face and play with my lips or stroke my cheeks until he falls asleep. :) My favorite.
8. Cooing- Before we wake up in the morning, he will just play in his crib and coo and babble until we get him. He is such a happy boy in the morning.
9. Screaming- Lately if we try to rock him to sleep (especially if Skyler does) he will SCREAM! It's so cute now but I don't know if ill be singing the same tune in a year or so. :) Here's a funny video of Skyler trying to put him to sleep. (don't mind Skyler showing off Cayman's acrobatics, as you can see it freaks me out and I don't really let him do it anymore. lol)
















10. Blankie- when we give him his favorite blanket, he throws his arms up and starts kicking his legs while he lets out a very happy scream! He absolutely loves his blankie!
11. Rookie- He love love LOVES his puppy Rookie. If Rookies around he lights up and tries to grab his fur or legs. Poor Rookie. :(
12. His baba- What baby doesn't like his bottle really? He gets so excited and opens his mouth whenever he see's it!

Dislikes-
1. When daddy tries to put him to bed-but we already mentioned that. ;)
2. When one of us leaves the room- He will watch us, and the SECOND we are out of his sight he starts to cry. He loves attention.
3. Diaper changing time- He rolls over, kicks, anything to try and get out of diaper time
4. Changing clothes- He pretty much does the same thing as diaper time. :)
5. Waiting for his bottle- If he is really hungry, he will let you know it!
6. Sitting still- He just wants to GO GO GO!
7. Shoes- Shoes are like my bows if he were a girl. I love putting shoes on him, but he HATES them! lol
8. Our entertainment center- Can't tell you how many times I've saved him from hitting our entertainment center. He just rolls and rolls and sometimes bumps his head on it. :(
9. Car Seat- I tell ya the second he feels his head touch the carseat, he flips out! Thank goodness for car seat toys and binkies!
10. 6 am- I don't know what it is about 6 am but no matter what time I put him to bed, or how much I feed him. He wakes up at 6 am EVERY DAY and wants a bottle. Glad he's on a schedule, but man I wish it were 9!

Mommy's LOVES~

Because Cayman was born so early, we have a physical therapist and a lady from the infant Toddler program visit him once a month. So far he is in the 70-75 percentile for his corrected age, and I LOVE that. This means he is doing great and is right where he needs to be, and I am so proud of him. :) He's been sleeping through the night for a few months now. He goes to bed at 9, wakes up 6am and takes a bottle, then falls back asleep for another hour and plays and talks to himself in his crib until we wake up. haha. Pretty good if you ask me! His hair is FINALLY growing back. He had so much when he was first born, but with being born so early and always rubbing his head on something in the NICU and at home... it fell out fairly quickly. Its coming back in and straight up like a "chia pet" as Skyler would say.  Right now we are just enjoying life and loving every moment. Every day Cayman changes and grows a little more and it's so exciting seeing what he'll do next. I have a lot to post about, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment