Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cayman's 1st Birthday!!


On March 18th Cayman turned ONE YEAR OLD! I can't believe how fast it went either. It seems like just yesterday he was born and I was waiting by his incubator every day watching him grow, crying a lot, and hoping he would live and thrive. I wanted his birthday to be absolutely perfect, because he very well could have never had one. He is my little miracle. His birthday theme was a "vintage carnival." I spent weeks making all of the decorations, with some help of Modern Moments Designs (They designed the Water bottle labels) and ShopLuLu's who helped design a few of the decorations, which I added on to and personalized just for Cayman. Besides that, I pretty much found a software program similar to the ones people use for party decoration designs on Etsy, and designed and made everything myself. It was hard work, but I'm sure he'll be impressed when I brag about what an awesome mom I am when he's older and how I made everything myself for his first birthday. haha Yes, Yes... I will be one of "those" moms. If you've ever seen the show, "Good Luck Charlie" on Disney channel, my husband says he thinks ill be just like the mom on that show! Yes, we watch Disney Channel with Cayman, and yes, Skyler watches Phineas and Ferb more than Cayman does! lol don't judge us. Here are a few pictures from his birthday!


His Birthday Invites! :) I was pretty proud of myself. 








The Birthday Boy!! :)

Opening presents!!

  Cayman's face as we sang him Happy Birthday! :)
 Eating Cake! 
He did pretty good for such a little guy! It was his very first time tasting sugar and he went NUTS!!


 Friends



I got teary eyed when we sang him Happy Birthday. It was a million different emotions, and now that I look back I know why. It didn't hit me until that moment that he was already a year old. Even though I had been planning that day for so long, it was still hard to comprehend. He spent three months in the NICU fending for his life, and during that time I had nurses telling when I could and could not hold him. When I was "aloud" to feed him, and how I should take care of him. I never TRULY felt like his mom until the day we were able to take him home. I would hold him whenever I wanted, id feed him when I felt he was hungry, and I soaked up every moment I could. Every middle of the night snuggle meant that much more to me because it finally felt like he was mine. I think the reason I cried is because I missed out on those first few months of his life, even if I was by his side 24/7. I wasn't ready for him to be a year old yet, because it seemed like just yesterday we brought him home. Ive realized now though that it doesn't matter. Every day is special with Cayman, he is our entire world and we love him so much. I am so excited to watch him continue to grow up and see what he accomplishes. I know the Lord has great things in store for him, and I can only imagine the impact he will make on others lives. He is a reminder to me every day of our saviors loves, and that miracles can happen. I love you Cayman Lance Dyer, I hope you had an amazing Birthday!!
   

1 comment:

  1. This was a beautiful post! And I LOVE those decorations. Seriously, woman, you are amazing! My little squeaker is already 8 months old, and I know the next 4 are going to be over before I know it! I might have to have you give me some pointers on making darling decorations :)

    ReplyDelete