Sunday, April 21, 2013

March of Dimes~ March for Babies

team photo FPO...

On May 18th my family and I will be walking for the March of Dimes. Having had two micro preemies, this is very important to us. Funds raised in March for Babies helps support research and programs that help moms have full-term pregnancies and babies begin healthy lives. And they will be used to bring comfort and information to families with a baby in newborn intensive care. The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.

One HUGE misconception about pre term babies, is that their mother did not care for their bodies while they were pregnant. Please people, educate yourself before you say something that could offend the millions of women who have to go through putting a baby through the NICU. It's not easy, and these women and children  need LOVE and SUPPORT.  Lets stop the ignorance and push for OB's to educate parents as to why babies can be born early without any warning. This should be done starting at 24 weeks, not when the baby is already born!  I thought because Cayman was born early that maybe I could have done something different, ate a little better?? I wasn't eating any different than any other pregnant woman. Maybe I shouldn't have exercised? My doctor asked me to though, he said it would help with labor. I was so confused. So, with Beckham I took it easy. Never excersized, ate as healthy as I could, and drank lots and lots Of water. 27 weeks rolled around and BOOM, here comes baby! It's frustrating to say the least. I'd like to know why this happened, and I think research needs to be done. Women need to be aware that this could happen to any woman, even if your mother and sisters had perfect pregnancies. I know mine did.

Every day, thousands of babies are born too soon, too small and often very sick. Our team is walking in March for Babies because we want to do something about this. I know you care, too. That's why I'm asking you to join us. It's easy: just click the join this team button.
If you can't walk with us, please help by donating to our team. You can do so right on this page. Thank you for helping us give all babies a healthy start!   The All-Star Brothers

Thank you for your support guys, love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment